It's Complicated.

There are many things that come to my mind as complicated. Besides waking up at six everyday for school, I think trying to accomplish a skill in a sport is probably one of the most complicated things in my life. Here's why.

I started playing volleyball in the 3rd grade, when I saw my older cousin play. I thought, "Hey, that looks like fun." Ever since then, I've played volleyball and it has always been my favorite sport. Like most starters, I started out with underhand serves and simple bumps. I was scared to set because I had small fingers and I was afraid that I'd break one. After learning the basics (including setting), I tried digging and diving for the ball. I was afraid to throw myself towards the ball at first, but then I got it. Of course accomplishing these so-called basic skills seems like it's a piece of cake for you. Haha. Try it. Now, on to the most complicated skill, in my opinion.

OVERHAND SERVING.

For me, I've had the most trouble with overhand serves. At first, I didn't have enough power to get it over the net. It would either hit the net and not go over, or just as you say in basketball, it would be an air ball. Now, I struggle with hitting it right. Yes, it does go over, but the ball goes on an arch and it is pretty easy for the opponent to return it. I am now working on a harder and much less arched serve.


Comments

  1. I love volleyball too. However I started in 4th grade. I've made the conference team 3 years in a row and I think I had the same experience as you. I dig for the ball and I use my knee pads all the time now. I know how you feel with the overhand serves it's hard for me too, but keep trying you'll get it eventually:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you will too! Don't give up. :)

      Delete
  2. Hope you continue to play. It is hard work but it is great when you master a new skill. Have fun with it. Volleyball is a great game.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment